Friday, April 15, 2011

Class Dinner

We have a room in the Mershon Center reserved for May 9, anytime after 4 PM. Any preferences for what time we should meet?

Also, what foods do people want to bring? Don't forget, we have some vegetarians in the class!

A few details: we won't have access to a stove or oven, but there's an available microwave--so bring your food in a microwavable container if you would like to serve it hot! Also, we will need to make sure to clean up after we are done. Finally, can someone bring a camera to document our wonderful feast of yummy foods?


10 comments:

  1. I can bring mjaddara (lentils and rice).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mensaf ...... jk lol

    actually I was thinking maybe shorabit addas (lentil soup) and maybe a plate of grape leaves...
    as of right now this is what I'm down for but to be honest it might change.... (might just go with falafel and hummus since its our specialty)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what I would be able to make for the dinner. I have no real experience cooking Middle East cuisine. As for the time, 6 is good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 is good for me too. I'm planning on bringing matzah ball soup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to bring fruit salad. It is what my family always eats for spring picnics. I thought it would be a nice American tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for being kind of lazy but I am going to bring Donatos pizza because some of the coast will go towards a nonprofit that I support called Dollars 4 Change. Unless anyone has any special requests, I am just going to get cheese

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright so I'm trying to bring matzah ball soup, but I might not have the ability to make it, so I might be bringing Ali Baba hummus, falafel and pita instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am going to bring some kind of dessert, probably some cookie of some sort. I know its not that exciting but I consider dessert an American tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking of bringing mapo tofu or stir fried rice cakes. The mapo tofu is really really spicy and usually made with ground meat. I can try to bring a vegetarian version, but I have never made it before. If I bring the rice cakes, it won't taste as good if it's not fresh. I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.